APRIL 1, 2022
3 Ways To Find The Time For Exercise
By Violette De Ayala
Finding the time for exercise in a consistent way is the biggest reason why many people don’t stick to their exercise goals and fall out of their routines before they even get into the groove of fitness. In a world of ongoing meetings, 24/7 connectivity, and Zoom calls in between, finding the time to work out seems hopeless and daunting for some who have struggled to gain traction with wellness.
We now know that exercise helps mindfulness, increases happiness levels, and even helps business growth and much-needed balance. So if we know that exercise is good for us, good for business and our lifestyle, how can we truly find the time to exercise?
Here are three ways to find the time to exercise:
- Schedule a time block to exercise and make it as important as a doctor’s appointment: Add a 30-min or 60-min time block in your schedule and respect the time as if it were a doctor’s appointment made months ago. Prioritize and cherish this time block as it’s really the biggest investment you can make in yourself and in your business.
- Accountability partner, either a friend or a trainer: Accountability partners are great for holding yourself accountable to new fitness and wellness goals. Whether it’s in real life or through virtual connectivity, having a fitness partner join you or check in with you helps to increase your success. You can text one another to be sure you did what you said you were going to do, and even schedule a time to chat with each other as you take on your fitness walks. If your budget allows you to go a bit further with a financial commitment, hire a trainer and be charged even if you don’t show up, which also can be quite powerful in holding you accountable to wellness.
- Make exercise something you enjoy: Often we take up running even though we despise running. Why do an activity that doesn’t bring you joy? Find exercises and ways to take on wellness that feel good, make you move your body, and connect you with a better state of health.
- Start with realistic goals 2-3 times a week. Don’t set out to create a daily routine as slow and steady wins the race. Get moving in realistic and smaller steps, and then work your way up to bigger strides towards wellness.
- Moving your body every day for at least 20 min can also help you to get your wellness vibe on point. Dancing while you cook dinner, walking while on conference calls, taking the long way home are all ways to move your body a bit more.
- Celebrate yourself when you move your body, and give yourself grace. Every time you step forward into a better state of wellness, acknowledge your commitment and your new dedication. Share kind words, give yourself some love, and honor your win.
- Recognize that you have the time, and commit to making your health a priority. You are very important, and you are the ultimate VIP in your life. It’s a choice you make to honor yourself, your health, and your business. You’ve got this!